Τρίτη 30 Νοεμβρίου 2010

Kosovan on FBI most wanted list lives freely


euronews

terrorism, world news

24/11/10 16:16 CET

Kosovan Bajram Asslani is wanted by the FBI on charges of conspiracy to support terrorism.
But due to Kosovo’s weak legal system, EU law presides there, and to date EU judges have rejected all US requests for his extradition.
So, far from hiding, he lives right next door to a UN building.
Asslani had this to say about the situation:
“If I am armed, the police are 10 metres away from my house and they would know it. If I were armed and dangerous, I would not be in this situation but I would have a better life. It is up to them if they want to suspect me, but the reality and truth are on my side.”
EULEX is the EU civilian taskforce put in place to support the authorities in Kosovo. It made the ruling on Asslani’s case.
Kosovo spokesperson Kristina Herodes said:
“To extradite somebody, some crime has to be commited in Kosovo, but allegedly it was unclear whether they were commited in Kosovo or not.”
Asslani stands accused of attacking a US Marine base and supplying material to suspected terrorists for attacks on people in Kosovo, Jordan and the Gaza Strip.

read more: euronews


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου