Πέμπτη 30 Δεκεμβρίου 2010

The Balkans' Calamity Of Leadership


radio free europe

December 29, 2010
By Nenad Pejic
In the spring of 1991, war was looming in Bosnia. Fighting had already erupted in Croatia. Locals in Sarajevo announced a demonstration against the Yugoslav Army to be held in front of the parliament building. As the program director of Sarajevo TV, I met with protest organizers to discuss covering the event. We agreed on live coverage for one hour (I had to break away to take a live feed of a sporting event in Barcelona).”

But when the cameras went off after an hour, the protesters turned on my television crew. I hurried to the scene to try and protect my journalists, but the angry crowd turned on me as well. A security officer pulled me out of the melee and hustled me into the safety of Prime Minister Jure Pelivan’s office....more...

read more: radio free europe


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου